Tuesday, June 26, 2007

joy

One of the joys of my job (apart from working in front of wimbledon) is being able to encourage teachers that I come across.

Last week when I was in MV, a different teacher than usual helped me out at Lunch time club. I see all the teachers quite regularly, but don't really interact with them becuase of the times I arrive and leave. So there we are talking about David, doing a bit of acting and finishing with Joshua 1 v 9.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you will go"

What I didn't know was this teacher had been having a rough day. As we left the classroom she told me that school was not great for her at the moment, but that verse had refreshed her and she went off with a huge smile on her face.

The teacher who normally helps out was back this week and reminded me of what had happened last week, so I thought I'd share with you.