Sunday, April 20, 2008

Trips and fixes

I was in Essex yesterday to celebrate Mum's birthday and to catch up with other family and a few friends. So we sang happy birthday, twice, and bowled until we hurt. My cousin showed himself up to be a bit of a star. I think there will be much more bowling now, at least as Dad and brothers try to beat the cousin!

While I was in Essex I put my car into the Honda garage, and it got fixed before lunch time! Did I use the replaced mirror on my way back? I think about once or twice, turns out you probably don't need that mirror unless you live in a town where there are lots of cyclists.

Recently St Hugh's has been taking its time with God and being family on a Sunday morning, something different happened today, the young people were the ones taking their time. We were sitting and chatting about God's faithfulness and had far too much to talk about it would seem. When we got back to church everybody had left apart from the parents of the young people!

God is with us, His faithfulness extends to a thousand generations. His love endures forever, my help comes from the Maker of Heaven and Earth.

I learnt a lot today about the small group of young people, and it confirms to me why Jesus had a smaller group around him. It's so much easier to manage and to hear what every one is saying. It was a bit intense, but we learnt.