Wednesday, November 21, 2012

An Invitation To The Table.

My Anglican background is repeating on me right this second thinking about Thanksgiving and how our histories and experiences affect us.

The line that sticks out from the Holy Communion service is this
We do not presume to come to this your table, merciful Lord...
We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under your table.
There is something about being invited into a family, and a gathering for celebration that is very special to me. I think it's due to these lines, saying them every Sunday and knowing that I don't approach any table, other than my own, with any thought other than humility.

Its also a family thing, it doesn't take much to be invited in, but once you are respect is a must. My favourite memories and times with family are around a table, eating food, attempting to put the world right or make sure there is a running joke.

This is my first family thanksgiving. I'm not sure what to expect, but I know it'll be really good. I know that there will be a ton of people to see and lots of food. I'm excited for this day to arrive. I'm looking forward to creating memories and having happy things to think about.

I'm very thankful for my family worldwide. I'm thankful for my job and all the things we can have. It's been a busy year, and I think thanksgiving is a great time to look back and look forward to all the exciting things the next year brings!