Saturday, June 29, 2013

A little movement here and there

As I move around all day, picking up babies, chasing after them, cleaning and feeding I don't get a chance to sit and watch my ever growing bump.

This morning, for the first time since really starting to feel Robbie move, I did. Robert (notice the distinction Robert =Husband, Robbie=Baby) left early for work, on Saturdays he opens the store at 4am. I had tried to get back to sleep, but eventually gave up about 5am. I'm used to my stomach being a little grumbly whatever time of day, so the last few weeks I think I'd put what I could feel down to my muscles or my digestive system, today it felt different.

There's no really describing it, except it didn't feel like me. Then I saw him move. A foot, an elbow or possibly an arm traced about two inches across my belly just under my belly button. I had a moment with myself and my baby. The first of many I guess, but it's a first.

Robert has been feeling him for weeks, in the evenings he puts his hand on my bump and asks 'was that him or you?'. I would say half the time it's me. But I guess more and more it'll be Robbie kicking, punching and elbowing me for the next 19 or so weeks.

Today was a good day for me, I think I've been able to put a more definite sense of what it feels like to have someone moving inside of me. And that's really exciting!!