Monday, February 06, 2006

Centre Parcs in all it's glory

Having spent 6 hours trying to get to Elveden Forest nr Thetford, I arrived at Centre Parcs late.

Went straight to hear Mike P talk about how we should keep an eye on out first love and remain focussed on God. Great! I can really understand that.

I won't say any more about the weekend, that's between me and God mostly. I did have a really good time. I have come away with some great tips and I'm a big step closer to God.

Spent the 6 hours on the train back doing work and thinking about how important it is to remain focussed on God even if you have a huge organisation under your belt. It's a lot different from being a humble youth worker and having designated time off (I'm sitting at home dressed warmly).

To all those who have asked, I won't be on any summer festivals this year, as member or team. God has bigger plans for me.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I like your blog!

I used to think that it’d be easier to stay focussed if faithful people always surrounded you. I guess it’s no less a challenge for anyone, and I’m going to have to face up to my own excuses! The importance of staying Christ centred was one of the main messages that I’ve brought home from SoulNet!

Interesting thoughts..

:-)

John Cowart said...

I saw a cowboy movie once in which the old trailhand told the tenderfoot, "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing".

Makes sense to me.