Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Yea... argh!!

Just got back from Luton. I have a job as a Youth Worker, and I'm gonna be by myself for the first year.

Big shock this morning. Diego won't be joining me when I start in September. His leaders in Sheffield think he needs to stay and finish the course he is doing. Which I think is fair enough. God's obviously got something planned for him for next year.

The girls, being teenage, hormonal and well, girls, got a bit distraught. Seemingly with good reason, the boys don't have a role model who interacts with them often. So the tears for Diego aren't unfounded, and the church youth are desperate for a man to fill the gap.

Felt a bit of a spare part, but only briefly. My line manager reassured me that they want me to come too.

I start in August, probably the day before Soul Survivor Week B, then I get to go to Soul Survivor. I take a breath and we are back into school... gonna be a long summer.

Thank you for your prayers. You are all stars.

I'm off to bed, I got ill yesterday and am going to get drugs from the doctor tomorrow, in anticipation that I will be rushed off my feet during Soccer School - 6 days to go!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Question - how did you feel when you got shortlisted for the job? I was told yesterday that the shortlist was being culminated at the end of this week for a job I want, I got so excited that they'd only received my application, can you imagine what I'm going to be like if they do short list me? Argh, its actually happening!

Liz said...

Tip: When on Soul Survivor lokk for a tall ginger guy. His name is Ben and he's wonderful!

tasha said...

karen!!
miss u already!!!
just thought id tell u that!!
love ya x xxx