Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year?

New Year ball was great. I had so much fun with my friends. A definite mix of old, now and new.

My home Church makes a surprisingly good venue for these events... has got me thinking about turning 21 in the summer. Would it be too much to ask?

I heard on the news today about how there were moments of silence across the country for the victims of the tsunami that happened earlier in the week. This is a story I have been half listening to since it happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm saddened but absolutely amazed by the damage it caused. I cried about it, and I've talked to God.

This natural disaster reminds us again of Gods great power, and awakens the world as to how dangerous nature can be. It has spoken to a new generation and they have responded. Prayers go to all those that are brve enough to go into those situatuions and help people get back on their feet.

Went to the final wedding of the year yesterday. Hannah and Matt, who are both on the youth team, got married. It was great to see the church full to the brim with all of their families and friends.

Each wedding this year has had something very unique to it. Hannah and Matt's was a tribute to their families, by lighting one candle to symbolise them joining together. I've enjoyed all the weddings I've been to this year. So many memories.

So on to 2005, this should be interesting...