Friday, November 12, 2004

Looking without seeing

Well there’s not much more I can say. Some one was surprised that I hadn’t said anything all week. People, I’m proper busy right now.

Anyway… moving on slightly. I realised that I spend a lot of my time complaining, so instead I'll tell you some thing. Last night something really amazing happened.

My prayers were answered. I have had a lot of clouded thoughts recently over some situations. Yesterday was a really good day but I couldn't put my finger on why.

Then as i was sitting in bed, I decided to turn to my Bible. I'm currently studying the Unseen part of life, so i was looking at 2 Kings 6: 8-17, where Elisha asks God to open the eyes of his servant.

Little did I know that as I was reading, my prayer had been answered. Instead of praying for my eyes to be opened I ended up spending time praising God for opening my eyes!

How amazing?

It just shows that you can look without seeing.


Aside from that (which is huge, I've been praying for 6 months), I'm great. Busy but there's not really much I can do about it. I've got a meeting with my dissertation supervisor in 8 minutes and I'm doing a presentation on Youth Justice at 3.45pm. Then I am off to the YouthWork Conference, yeay for learning (I do get to see my Dad, which is an added bonus, and he won't be so stressed)!

So, to recap (in practice for concluding presentation),
I have had an answer to prayer,
I'm so busy that I have to spend some time prioritising (there's a christmas present list to be written soon, must not forget),
I'm going away (and I'm switching my phone off),
And my brain is now unclouded!

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!