Monday, December 06, 2004

Busy, busy...

I don't know why I'm sitting in front of this screen again. I have lots to say still, but one main thing is in my head.

Let me be. As I am. I was coping and now I'm not.

I don't know what it is, but I have a really busy week and God still wants to put stuff on to me.

I'm supposed to be helping lead cell this wednesday, it was just assumed that I would. Some one once commented that my mum 'does nothing, ask her', I'm starting to know how she felt after this.

People are assuming that I'll do things without questioning. I'm learning the importance of the word 'no'.

Thanks to Christine for taking on the organisation of cell this week. Mate, you are an absolute star, I couldn't do this without you!

I also want to say sorry to all the people who are bored of me talking. I think I'm gonna keep pretty quiet for the next couple of weeks. Not talking can be a good thing.

Happy Birthday to Mareike! No longer a teenager, Much love to you!

2 comments:

Jana said...

Karen,
Not talking can be just as dangerous as talking. If you do need someone to talk to I am more than willing to listen and I hope you know that. I love you and appreciate you so much.
ps: you do have the right to say no and start speaking up and don't let people automatically assume things...thats dangerous too!

mareike said...

thank you Karen! not being a teenager anymore sounds quite scary thinking about it... the step from 19 to 20 sounds bigger than the one from 9 to 10. oh well. i'll have to get used to it - there's no choice. but not being teenager doesn't mean not feeling like one :-)

it's the heart that counts! and - age doesn't matter at all to GOD. he wants us to trust him like children and that's all i want to be for all my life - a child of GOD.

you are one, too. :-)

love you.xxx