Saturday, September 25, 2004

The BIG decision

Well, its been made. After many agonising hours praying to God and chatting to a set of mates (whom each alone would make me very unhinged, but together they have a balanced opinion) I have made a decision to wait. We all know and realise that Gods timing is very very perfect and I now know there's nothing I can do to change the way He works. I'm waiting on God.

To many this may sound entirely boring and could be compared to sitting waiting for a bus/train/your mum (you know, in the rain after school), but I find it really exciting! I can't describe to you how free of worry I feel. Its amazing and I can get on with feeling like me because I know that when 'it' (this is absolutely ambiguous) happens I'll love the descision that God has for me. How can I not? Its all in his perfect and great plan.

I have been away at a Christian conference, and we had two amazing speakers. Two things that really struck me were the fact that God is your Dad and he can comfort and be with you however loud you cry out and; that we God is with us everyday and if we don't acknowledge that, how rude are we? I learnt loads of things the whole week. I could go on for hours, but one phrase stuck in my mind: 'think of the Joy through the suffering' If you are having a hard time at the moment its because God is teaching you something. I think suffering is the lesson and if we don't review/revise it then how do we ever learn?

Here's the challenge that God lays before us: Worship him in everything you do.
Happiness has nothing to do with this, but you will find joy and delight in the Lord, like he finds joy and delight in you when you do things for his glory. God loves you and theres nothing you can do about it, why not worship him?