Thursday, June 23, 2005

Manchester

I'm sitting in my hotel room watching whatever is on at this time in the morning. Liz and I are in Manchester for 3 days while we can. She goes back to Cheltenham tomorrow and I'm back in Luton for my last ever weekend.

I'm feeling very gutted as I didn't take my camera to horse riding in the peak district yesterday. We saw some beautiful sites and heard so many lambs. It was great to be surrounded by the sound of rushing water. God's creation all around. I was thinking which of my friends would come horse riding, any offers?

Liz's horse was decidedly slow, it was very funny watching her trying to control her horse, mine behaved for a change!

Got sun burnt on both my shoulders, so today we're going shopping for t-shirts and watching Tim Henman play. I think we'll find a big screen.

3 comments:

john cowart said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful day; too bad the camera wasn't along.

tasha said...

oh my gosh karen, im going to miss ya sooo much! your such a lovely person adn ive loved getting to know you over the years. i wish u the best of luck where ever your goin!
i wouldnt mid goin horse riding, not sure if im good at it thou!
c ya next weekend
loveya
tasha x x x x

mareike said...

i've never been proper horse riding (only the little ponies on fayres...), always wanted though...
well. not always. i went through a phase when i hated horses cos they were too girly... you know that age when every girl wants to ride?
i always wanted to do it Indian style - without saddle... maybe just a blanket...
now i'm a bit more sensible and am willing to try it with saddle first :-)