Monday, October 11, 2004

I'm forgiven

Have used the same analogy a few times recently and I want you to think about it to.

How do you view Gods love and the cross? Are you a small child who's just received a bar of chocolate and is so excited that they jump up and down? Or are you an adult (and learned person) who views it as 'just another bar of chocolate'?

Heres the challenge: become a child of God.
Be so excited about what the cross did for you, that you can't help sharing it. Engage with God and find the relevence. Its no good thinking God hasn't shown me something recently if you've shut your eyes! We find forgiveness, love and life eternal in Jesus, because he was put on a cross to die for your sin (and mine).

Psalm 103: 11-13
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him

These verses mean so much to me, I'm glad and I praise God that my sin is immeasurably far away from me!