Friday, October 08, 2004

Why bother?

Was just thinking about stuff whilst I sat in a cafe eating the best jacket potato in town. I should probably have been working on my dissertation and actually doing some work, but hey, what can you do?

Anyway, the last 24 hours has been eventful. Stuff has happened and I think I should probably stop worrying so much about things I have no control over. Here's my little question for tody: 'Do you worry about the lectures you don't attend, that aren't on your course?'

Simple answer 'NO'. Now you could say that you might worry about them if your friends were involved, but only if. At this university there are more classes a week than I care to count, I don't worry about them at all, only the 4 modules I'm on. So whilst I was sitting drifting away thinking about my life, i was also thinking, should I really be bothered about one particular area of my life that doesn't exist yet. Many of you will have cottoned on that I'm talking about Love. Yes I have love in my life, but I should be more bothered about my parents and family (my little brother chrashed the car again) and my friends. Whats the point in worrying about boys if I'm not actually involoved. as far as the rest of the world is concerned I should be, but Jesus says:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Yeh I need to concentrate on getting to and listening in my lecture (10mins and 4 flights of stairs away), not who I might be interested in. How selfish am I?